Thursday, June 17, 2010

Daniel Wilson and Tatiana of Housing Works







Daniel Wilson, a Development Associate at Housing Works, really has a gift and a calling to help the people that come through those doors everyday. I was so surprised to see how young he was at our interview. He has a real compassion for these families of the HIV positive and drug addicted people that have their lives touched by his presence. The hope and genuine affection that I saw in his eyes as he spoke so passionately about this cause, really leads me to believe that a younger generation is ready to facilitate the change we want to see in this world. The fact that his artistry as a musician in a band enables him to live a communal life, only further enhances his understanding of a shared goal in giving back. It was such an honor to speak to him and get his perspective...

Tatiana's beautiful spirit called me to her from across the street. I was completely enthralled with her hopeful and broken spirit. She reminded me that I do this for her and every other person who is like her. She fueled me that day! I will never stop helping those who cannot help themselves. Tatiana is our community. She is beautiful and misguided and worth saving and artistic without realizing. I want to start a revolution for Tatiana!


Special Thanks to Spence Adler for helping me film this segment! You are an inspiration Kind Sir!

No comments:

Post a Comment