Saturday, June 12, 2010

An Amazing day with Dr. Romita(Owner of Ajune Day Spa) and the Columbus Boys and Girls Club











This day touched my heart so profoundly that I couldn't sleep. I was dreaming of beautiful smiling faces of children and laughter in echo. I dreamt of today and my entire spirit was buoyant. Days like this just prove to me why I am doing what i'm doing here. Why it is so important to give back and effect our community in positive ways to change our future. I left the Bronx so hopeful and light in spirit that I had to write about the experience. Dr. Mauro Romita is one of our sponsors and an amazing human-being. His heart has the capacity to love every single child in this world and to take action to make sure that each child he can help has proper healthcare and nutrition. He started this health fair six years ago and it grows stronger with more supporters each year. My production company is committed to being inspired and inspiring these children through painting, music, and dance. I am reaching out to all of my friends to help us with sponsorships of art supplies (acrylic paints, brushes, canvases) by the end of next week. Ano Okera will be teaching the children dance and we are shooting a video to be premiered at the June 29th event for his amazing song 'Children of The World'! I am so proud of my brother. His talent is as bright and shining as any star in the firmament and his spirit is dedicated to inspiring children to have dance as an outlet of health expression. The director of The Bronx Boys and Girls Club, Windell Spaulding, encouraged and inspired me with his desire to help these children. These pictures and video are just a bit of what I saw when we were there. I hope they inspire you... Our film project is dedicated to change the hearts of the people in our community in a positive way. Art, music, and dance can save lives! Compassion, love, and tolerance can save lives! You can save lives...Start a revolution!

No comments:

Post a Comment